Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mother ( II )

You split me, a slow stacking of walls
In my middle. A black turtleneck
Shields the flannel, the form of force,
Lady Lumberjack. Your axe is Mitotic,
Wedging my softness in two. I do not
Wear duplicity well – your half tugged
Away more mass.

An unborn child is a needle,
Lubricated to jab a channel into me.
Brother, brother, you have knocked
Me up too with a mind avuncular.
A needle is a rake, scratching away
Another section of the pink of
Thinking.

What a laudable reduction, the stuffing
Of skulls ripped to strangers. A house of
Tusks. I am three brains. I am three eyes.
I am three lenses, not caked nearly enough
To blind me – which is still wholly my own?
The crinkled, shriveled one, leaking
Its cytoplasm.



© 2015 BENJAMIN SMITH


No comments:

Post a Comment