Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mother ( III )

A throne of sponge soaked black
Pools with every pressure – the ass,
The side, the back, even the eye.
Anticipatory floating through a
Weightless house pulled me past it,
Beige and leering. An anchor would
Drop from the sky each time, flattening
My chest to mottled paper.

Despite their constant invitation to
Lounge I’ve grown to hate couches,
Comfort. A crib-cage, a plush prison, the
Stilled throbbing lace cocooning
My mother. He has one in scarlet, a
Monument of sorts. I drown in its
Redness, feeling her hammered
Across my lap.

There is always a herd in the upper
Level of department stores.
Firm, feather-filled. She sits or leans or
Lays in each one. Pleated skirt, hosiery,
Or the ghostly slip and camisole with a
Night’s worth of oil. Smudged face.
Twenty of her, staring at me,
On couches – What I’d give to
Breathe fire.



© 2015 BENJAMIN SMITH


1 comment:



  1. Microsoft office setup has various product for various purpose. Microsoft uses for a group of subscriptions that provide productivity software and related services.

    Office Com Setup

    norton com setup

    office setup

    ReplyDelete