Sunday, June 1, 2014

Precipitous

When will it go, when
Will it go?
Snow, sun, snow, rain,
Snow.
To be caught in the throws
Of a chilling variable,
Who wouldn’t be morose?
To clasp a peek at a spring beam
Is such a harsh blow.

I know, I know
That the formula shows
The drowned brown will
Turn green.
I have seen it myself,
A ceaseless witness of galactic law
Chiseled in stone.

But the glimpse of the glow,
Of newborn light was enough
To make me crow with delight.
I chased it in ignorance
Weekends ago
Only to end up on the wrong side,
The wrong shade of woe.

How feline, to pounce at
The islet of wood
In a sea of a dark drone.
To crave the warmth of
The source of my home.
Justifiably so. The past
Months have been wicked in ways
Not only precipitous.

I am sick of the gray and I groan.

-BENJAMIN SMITH

No comments:

Post a Comment